Monday, May 27, 2013

H&H Assignment: Music Mondays in May - My Childhood

Week 4 of my blog group H&H friends challenge to one another - Music Mondays in May. I did mine in reverse order, so this last Music Monday in May post will be on my childhood.

When I was very little, I can remember my parents listening to music. A lot. My dad played records all the time. My music love for the 70's music must be from hearing it all the time as a kid (or being brainwashed, lol).

For this post, I have decided to highlight 3 songs, from 3 different artists, for 3 different people.

The first song is for me. This is a song I heard a lot growing up. It is the "Sweet Melissa" by the Allman Brothers:


Per my gals request, I have a photo this time. It's not a great photo as I couldn't get the scan of it loaded to the computer, so I went the lazy way and took a photo of a photo on my iPhone and let the cloud do the work, lol! This is me at age 3.

My second song is for my mom. One of her favorite artists is Carol King. I also love her because of my mom. This is one that I remember her liking and dare I say even signing ;-)


Finally, for my dad, I picked Jim Croce. Again, a great artist that I now love because my parent did. I picked "I've Got a Name:"

You can find my other weeks' posts here:

Also, be sure to check out the posts of my fellow H&Hers here:

Next month, our posts will be about FOOD! Yum!!





2 comments: