Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cian's trip to Eris

Cian journals daily as part of our homeschooling. Yesterday, his assignment was "IF I WERE AN ASTRONAUT.... "
I am sure he was super excited as he LOVES the planets and space! He loves to read about them and has a goal to make a model of them. (Summer project, perhaps?!)
Well, as you can see below, Cian wants to be the first astronaut to go to Eris. Huh? I thought. Eris?? No planet is called Eris, what is my boy talking about?? Okay, after a quick check of the mnemonic device: My Very Educated Mother Just Served UNine Pies (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and [back then] Pluto),  followed by an embarrassing google search by me, I discovered that Eris is a dwarf planet! Of course, I and everyone else heard about Pluto being demoted to a dwarf planet, but I totally missed this one completely! So, I'm glad to be learning alongside my little ones!
And yes, this is not the first time I have been schooled by my 6 year old, lol!

3 comments: