Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dollar bin of education!

I am a big fan of Target. I LOVE shopping there! Today, in the dollar bin I found some great items for homeschooling, summer enrichment, or just for fun! Of course, I wanted to share my finds!
You can't beat the price- $1!



Looking at Nature Books
These are really neat. I got these with Zoe's K4 in mind to use as a supplemental. Again, each book was only $1.


There were also quite a few of these My World books. In the top photo, you can see a few social studies ones I picked up. I like this one on the food chain as a science supplemental book too.


This book is called Brilliant Reader, it is basically a log for books read with a little bit of Q/A for the child to fill out:

 I liked this book because it is not as labor intensive as a book report, but gives me the opportunity to see what they have read and what it was about. My kids also like to draw, so I like the draw a scene from the book part too! I think I will assign these weekly next year.

I will admit, I liked having the Accelerated Reader program when my kids were in traditional school. It was nice to have a pretty little printout that told me they understood the content of the book through the short quiz and kept track of how many words they read. Just FYI, last year Grace read over half-a-million words! It's pretty cool to see that on paper. She devours books even more this year, so I am sure she has easily read a million words this school year. Grace doesn't really like to journal on weird random topics I select, but I think she will really enjoy doing these as she gets to write and draw about the books she is enjoying.









1 comment:

  1. I like the reading report pages also. I might steal this. :)

    ReplyDelete