Saturday, August 8, 2015

Field Trip Reports for Homeschooling

One of my favorite parts of homeschooling is taking as many field trips as we like! AND WE TAKE A LOT! I'd even go so far as to call myself a field trip junkie. There have been many months where we will have at least 2 field trips, or some where we have one (or more!) weekly. It's a great enrichment for the kids and they get to do some hands on learning. School hasn't even started yet and I already have put 2 on my homeschool group's calendar. Those are just 2 I am leading, once others put trips on there, I'll likely sign up for more too!

I got an email today advertising a Homeschool Portfolio of papers to keep records for your homeschool. Although it looked very well done, I already do almost all of their items on my own such as a back to school all about me form or most of them I have through Homeschool Tracker. Sidenote- I can't speak enough about how much I love Homeschool Tracker Online. It keeps my attendance, grades, library of books I use, all my lesson plans (saved for my other kids!), allows me schedule all my lesson plans for the entire year, move the assignments or dates with a click or two if needed and more. If you do decide to check it out here and buy it to organize yourself as well, please use my referral code: OFIZR 
Thanks in advance!

Okay, back to the topic! Anyhow, the one form I noticed that portfolio had that I don't already do is field trip reports! I had never thought to have my kids do these! We have memories of our field trips saved in the yearbooks I do for them each year, but what a great idea to have them do a quick report for your records that year. I don't save a lot of school work since I have proof of our assignments and days of school in Homeschool Tracker, but I have all their journals and like items and would LOVE to have these reports about all the trips we go on each year.

I simply went to TeachersPayTeachers.com and typed in "field trip reports," then I always arrange it by price. Why pay for one if someone kind is offering one for free!? I found about 10 that were free and looked at them all. The one I ended up picking is great for my homeschool because it has 3 different forms for various ages. Next year I'm teaching a K4, 1st grade, 4th grade and 6th grade! My K4 kiddo can do the simple one, my 1st and 4th grader the one with prompts, and my oldest can do the one that is more journal style. If you'd like to check out the one we'll be using, here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment