Monday, March 25, 2013

St. Patrick's Day


St. Patrick's Breastplate Plaque-Ships Today
I've always loved St. Patrick's Day. 

In college, I studied a summer in Ireland and met some of my relatives there.

My husband is actually Irish. As in actually an Irish citizen.

I consider myself Irish decent, but I am an American citizen. My dad and I were having this discussion via facebook the other day. I put this photo on there and the caption was, "authentically 1/2 Irish kids." He said it should say, "100% Irish kids as our family came from Ireland a few generations back. A friend suggested I put 3/4 Irish then. Anyway you put it, these are some cute Irish-American kiddos.

We started our St. Patrick's Day with an American tradition: ADD GREEN FOOD COLORING TO EVERYTHING. LOL. See, it's not just for beer folks! Green milk for the kids cereal. I believe Zoe has asked for green milk about every day since.

I dressed the kiddos in green for Mass that morning. No, they didn't wear the funny headbands in.
Little McCutie & Lucky Charm

That week prior, our Saint for the week (we learn about a different saint each week in our homeschool) was of course, St. Patrick:
Saint Patrick

Brian taught the kids some Irish:

My favorite beer in Ireland, Bulmers Irish Cider, is now sold in the USA as Magners. Same beer, just a long airplane ride and a name change. I found it for the first time St. Patrick's Day weekend. 

I did not get to enjoy one on St. Patrick's Day though as Ellison got sick and spent the evening sleeping on mom. My family seems to be targeting the holidays- Brian was sick on Valentine's Day and Ellison again on St. Patrick's Day. I better be on the look out next weekend since it will be Easter!





2 comments:

  1. Love the comment about the green food coloring in everything.

    It was nice to see a picture of you on the blog even if it had to be with a sick Eli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Ellison is adorable!!!
    You have Irish kids! Screw the percentages!

    ReplyDelete