Friday, August 24, 2012

Why a blog for homeschooling?

Hi all,
This is my first attempt at a blog! Bear with me as I learn what I am doing, LOL! 

Soooo, I have quite a few reasons for wanting to do a blog about our lives and homeschooling and I thought for my first blog posting I would share them!!

*I want to create a digital keepsake/ scrapbook (like a type of yearbook) for my children.

*I want to share our journey with family and friends near and far.

*I need a place to preserve all our awesome fields trip pictures and memories!

*It's our first year homeschooling so maybe as I "learn the ropes" it might help another homeschooling newbie too!

*I want my children to be able to be challenged and learn at a level where they are academically and not according to where their birthday fell on a calendar.

*And last, but not least, a place to answer questions family and friends might have about this new path in our lives: homeschooling!

I've gotten lots of comments from family and friends about deciding to homeschool. Here are 3 I'll remember forever:

1. "Why would you want to do that?"

2. "Do you realize you'll have to be with your kids ALL the time?"

3. "Homeschooling our daughter was the best decision we've ever made and a choice we have never once regretted."

And my responses are:
1. Read my blog! I cannot wait to share all the great reasons for homeschooling! I feel God has led us to this path and He will be guiding our journey.
2. Yes! I cannot wait!
3. I think of this statement often and know that when my children are grown, I will feel the same!

I am excited and cannot wait to begin this journey! School starts Monday!

-Melissa



1 comment:

  1. Great reasons but the your 3 comments all made me laugh. I am sure that you will say all three to yourself at sometime during homeschooling! LOL!

    The fact that all 4 are included even a 1-year old shows me that you totally get this homeschooling things: it is something all parents already do it doesn't start at preschool.

    This blog is a great idea and I am looking forward to all your posts!

    ReplyDelete