Tuesday, June 17, 2014

New Behavior Chart

Last year, I made a behavior chart to motivate the kids to have good behavior. You can see it here.


This year, it needed a little updating.

Here are the changes I made:

1. My son is very literal. He hated that I would say, "Change your behavior or you are moving UP a color." As common sense says, moving up should be good and down bad. Since my old chart was an actual rainbow, it was backwards. My new chart is the rainbow colors but inverted to work better with logic.

2. I have FIVE kids now. My old chart only had spots for 3 on it. Ellie is old enough to understand and use it now. I decided to go ahead and make 5 spots now so I don't have to re-do it again next year! LOL!
(The baby does NOT move on the color chart while she is a baby. The kids didn't want her left out, so her face stays on blue.)

3. I made it MUCH bigger! I had to cut and tape a few pages to fit the size photos I wanted.

Here is a picture:

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I really need to implement something like this because as a mother of 3 girls, 1 boy, and another baby (gender unknown) due in September, I need to be more consistent (especially with my 5 year old boy who can be very challenging...you can't seem to reason with him). Do you mind telling me what the rewards are? And, are they given daily if your children exhibit good behavior? Are there more or bigger rewards for those children who achieve excellent behavior for the day? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the delay in replying! We use staying up 30 minutes later, extra kindle time, an extra t.v. show, etc.. as their rewards. We do one for purple and two for pink to mirror what they loose on the opposite end of the behavior chart.
      We aren't currently doing any type of allowance, so the kids asked if they earned a certain number of "pinks" if they could be rewarded. We decided to try 5. If they earn five pinks, they get to pick something from my treasure box of toys. (It is mostly Target dollar bin items, but does have a few $5 barbies etc..)

      Delete