Friday, June 13, 2014

A Father's Day Tribute to Two Men We Miss



This will be a bittersweet Father's Day this year. 

My husband is 4,000 miles away, back home in Ireland, to bury his father this weekend.

The kids and I miss him so much and he hasn't even been gone a week yet, and will be gone another week longer. This Father's Day, I want him to know how much I appreciate all he does to support me, lift my spirits, and help out with all the family daily life stuff. I feel so blessed to have him as my husband and love what an amazing father he is. I thank God for the amazing husband and father my husband Brian is and thank God for the man who showed him by his own example, Brian's late father, Michael.

My father-in-law was one of the most caring, giving, loving people you could ever meet. Your life was better by knowing him. My heart breaks that the world has lost him. For those that know the Irish expression, there is great craic taking place in Heaven now that Michael is there. He has made my life so much fuller and happier because of how he raised his son. Michael also welcomed me into the family and loved me like a daughter always. He is my daughter Grace's Godfather and her heart is so sad loosing him. 
My heart breaks for us all, especially for my husband and his sister who now have both parents in Heaven.



My heart is with you, Brian, this Father's Day. There is much sadness over the great loss of such an amazing man, your father. Yet also, celebration of the life he lived and the father he was and the father you are.





And to Michael, looking down on us from Heaven. Thank you for your example and your love.

               
                       

3 comments:

  1. Crying and laughing at this post! What fun memories to share during this sad time. I am sure he would want to be remembered that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos of Michael on his US visit with the grandkids. I was unable to make the funeral as my 4 sisters and I brought our mother to Spain for her 70th birthday, a fabulous trip with great memories and we are not even home! I was very fond of Michael and has pleasure of meeting his sister last week,(she is the image of him).will definitely see Brian before he returns home for big hugs and a remenice of his lovely dadxx Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear Brian's father finally passed. But I'm glad he got to go to say goodbye. That's always important. And you all will be there to welcome him back to his happy and fulfilled life. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete