Sunday, June 1, 2014

Goodbye Pacifier!



I am late in posting this, but I really need to give this little gal credit for (finally) ditching the pacifier. People say you get more lax the more kids you have, and this was the 1st time I found that to be true.
Since Grace was born, our "rule" on pacifiers was at age one they were only for nap and bedtime and age 2, they were totally gone.

Well..... Ellie switched to nap and bedtime only at 1, but we couldn't get it away from her at 2. We tried picking out a new toy at Walmart and leaving her pacifiers for "a little baby who needed them." After 2 hours of crying that night I just took away the new toy and gave her back her pacifier. Then, since she loves stuffed animals: see this post, we let her pick out a brand new dog stuffed animal to give them up. It actually replaced all the animals in that post, but sadly did not replace the pacifier.

Here is Ellie and her favorite stuffed animal, Robin:


Well, fast forward to April and the new baby is born. We decided a month prior to my due date not to even attempt to get her to give them up, since kids often regress when a baby is born. However, at 2 years and 9 months, LITERALLY THE DAY WE BROUGHT FIONNUALA HOME from the hospital, when I put Ellie to bed I couldn't find her pacifier in her bed. I said, "Ellie, I can't find your paci." She replied, "That's okay, I don't need it." And that was it. She never used one again! So proud of this cutie pie!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Ellison! These kids are braver than we give them credit for :-)

    ReplyDelete