Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: A Year in Photos

Happy 2014!

All 3 of my fellow H&H bloggers are working on a new project called 365 Photos. Basically, a photo a day for all of 2014. As someone who loves taking photos, constantly goes "paparazzi" on her kids, and will be having a new baby this year, I loved the idea! I am not sure if I can do it, but I will certainly try! Plus, the peer pressure of my fellow blog group (who tend to be better at getting our assignments done, lol!) will help me keep it up with their support.

Today's pic is a goal I had set, to move Ellie into her new toddler bed in Zoe's room BEFORE the baby arrives. I don't want her to feel like she is getting booted because someone else needs the nursery, so I wanted to make sure to do it plenty before the baby came. I tried a couple weeks ago and it was a major disaster. However, I had an idea that since Zoe's room is so big, Ellie might not even feel like Zoe is there clear across the room. So, yesterday, we moved some stuff around and put Ellie's Dora toddler bed right against the side of Zoe's bed.

So technically, still in 2013, Ellie slept in her new bed for the first night! It was not pretty at first: she screamed for a good 30 minutes, "I want to sleep in my bed."

Now, by "my bed" she meant the crib. She will be 2 1/2 this month and was still sleeping in a crib! My philosophy on the crib has always been once they try and climb out, they are out. However, unlike her siblings, Ellison never did. She LOVED her crib, but the problem had become that when she awoke anywhere from 5 am to 6am, she cried to get out and of course wanted to get up. In Zoe's room, she is able to get out of her toddler bed and they can play when she wakes up.

After the 30 minutes of crying last night, I finally got her to get in her new bed by telling her I would hold her hand while she fell asleep. I was in there for about 20 minutes and Brian took over and did about 10 minutes more. Finally, on my next shift, I was able to let go and she fell asleep.

Tonight, night 2, there was only about 5 minutes of crying and only 5 minutes of hand holding, so I would say we are very close to success! Here is a picture I took of Ellie in her new bed tonight:

1/1/14  Ellie in her new big girl bed

PS- Notice her entourage is of course there! See that post here! Plus, her new pillow pet glow light to celebrate her new bed!

2 comments: