Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Kevin Bacon Connection

So there is a game called The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. It comes from the notion that any people on earth are about 6 people or acquaintances apart from one another. In the game any celebrity can be traced from Kevin Bacon back to Kevin Bacon in a chain of 6 celebrities.
I've not actually played the game, but I've had my own little "Kevin Bacon" experience.... 

Here's the backstory:
I decided that keeping a blog during our homeschooling experience would be a great thing for the kids, for Brian and I, and for family and friends to see what we were up to at Teach Academy (our homeschool-hence the name of the blog). It has been a little virtual yearbook which has been really nice. Relatives all over the county and abroad have been able to see current photos of the kids. This is particularly nice because since blogging and Facebook, I think it has been YEARS since I have physically printed a photo!

I had created webpages in college and use Facebook, but am not super tech savy so I asked my friend Jen (who always has an awesome looking headers on her blog: http://lifeatcheshirefarm.blogspot.com/
to help me! Long story short, she gave me some insights and encouraged me and I became a blogger!

Well, I have another friend that is a new friend I met this year from homeschooling that is also quite the blogger, her name is Laura. Laura also has awesome blogs at http://wherelovestarts.blogspot.com/
Laura and Jen didn't know each other, but met through my blog and became friends! Cool, huh! Just call me Kevin Bacon, lol!

But, it gets even better!! Laura has a friend named Carla. Check out her blog equally awesome blog here: http://www.ltmrfmly.blogspot.com/ Laura thought Carla and Jen would totally hit it off as they are both homesteaders. So they connected in the blogosphere! Then we all decided to meet up in person and have formed a little blog community we called H&H. Homesteaders and Homeschoolers.

It has really been awesome! We have grown in friendship and can spend hours in laughter. They are all very talented writers and I love reading about their thoughts, their children, and just their life in general. They motivate me to want to blog more! I have actually, after a recent conversation with these gals, decided that my family homeschool blog can go beyond just kids art projects or a cool fieldtrip. Of course, I will still have those on here, but I'm going to start putting more of my thoughts and memories on here too. I hope my blog readers don't mind. :-)

So, why the Kevin Bacon title? Well, I just thought it was really cool how myself and these 3 awesome ladies have connected this little "Kevin Bacon" circle by blogs. We had individual friendships and have connected each other in a friend circle now too. We can talk about blogging and life and well, everything. We are so alike on some things and so different on others, but it doesn't matter. We are just 4 cool ladies that are all friends now who love to blog and love life.

Recently, we decided to challenge each other by having some blogging topics and assignments each week. This week we will be blogging about our own journeys of "Why and When to Start a Family." My next post (later today or tomorrow) will be on that topic and check out my blog gals at their blog links above for their stories. Feel free and invited to share yours too!


3 comments:

  1. You ARE our Kevin Bacon!! I love this post and that you are expanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you ladies! Looking forward to the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so much cuter than Kevin Bacon!
    That is a whole lot of build up to your next post. Hope you deliver! LOL!

    ReplyDelete