Friday, January 30, 2015

The Week of Teeth

This week seems to have been all about teeth. 

1. Grace was scheduled to have 2 PERMANENT teeth pulled Wednesday by her dentist to start Phase 2 of braces. I thought I was okay with it, but as it got closer and closer, I became more and more hesitant. By Monday, I was completely unsure. I called her dentist and asked him to call me to discuss. Brian sought recommendations and referrals for a second opinion and we called a local orthodontist and asked if they would please squeeze us in before her Wednesday appointment. Long story short, we love her dentist, but are going to do our braces with the new orthodontist. We loved him immediately, he was kind, friendly, professional and gave us another option. He also said she doesn't have to start them until late this summer! We were also so impressed that both she and Cian received hand-written welcome notes in the mail yesterday!

2. My left lateral incisor tooth (I had to look up the name!) has been hurting. I thought for sure I pulled the filling in it loose. I called my dentist (that's the 3rd dentist I called this week if your counting!!) Fast forward to my dentist appointment and I'm sitting in the dentist chair, the whole left side of my lip, face and even left side of my nose are totally numb and I feel the dentist on the RIGHT lateral incisor. Yep. He did the wrong side. He said afterwards my chart from a couple years ago said I had a small cavity on the spot he did....

3. Fionn must be teething really bad. She got her first tooth at 3 months and then the other bottom tooth at 4 months, but nothing since. She will be 10 month next week. She has been BITING while nursing. Yep. Enough said. :-( 

4. Zoe has been asking me literally for years when she'd loose a tooth. Well, she's really close! She has her first loose one! What's funny is she isn't as excited about the tooth fairy or the money, she wants one of the tooth shaped necklaces that holds the tooth! 😄 

No comments:

Post a Comment