Thursday, January 1, 2015

Cian's Lego Movie birthday party

Cian LOVES legos! For his birthday, he wanted the theme Lego Movie with Emmet. Since he was having a bowling party, the only decoration I really had to find was.... the cake!

At first, I thought I was being "punked" or it was one of those horrible bakery stories where they write the words "underneath that" etc... I had printed a photo of Emmet on quick print so the bakery would know who I wanted on the cake. I also quickly wrote out the wording to avoid Cian's name being misspelled. When I ordered the cake, I had specifically said, don't use this rough draft, but this will give you an idea. Anyhow, long story short, they scanned and used my chicken scratch handwriting one.

Pinterest helps save the day, as I had seen this idea on there and the cake looked SO much better with these little lego people on it. The candles they are holding were from Walmart.



I asked the bakery to at least trace the letters with the frosting and then my added lego figurines and the candles.
Here's what we ended up with:



My 8 year old!

ready for cake!

Cian and his friends

ready to blow out the candles

Cian and 3/4ths of his sisters


No comments:

Post a Comment