Tuesday, August 19, 2014

2nd Day of School 2014

So I realized on my 1st day of school blog post (here), I didn't show my older two doing school! 
Here's a glimpse of each kid doing school today: 


Cian working on his journal page and his Singapore Math.

Grace doing a Critical Thinking Company CD game. She is also doing Math on the computer this year! We switched to Teaching Textbooks. I have to mention that I do think it is much easier than the math we did last year, so I just bumped her up a grade to 6th grade math. It has been SO positive for her and I both this year so far. She said she likes seeing them do the problems (visual learner) and I like that she and I aren't dreading doing math together, lol!

Ellie showing off her Letter A magnet work. She was SO excited for school today, she started getting in her workbox bins before I was even awake. Yikes! She was very excited to find magnets!


Zoe's journal page. And yes, she is in her pajamas, lol!

I HAD to include a zoomed in picture of her journal because the little pictures cracked me up! I loved her smile and her goggles in the photos. A BIG change for a girl who wouldn't put her face in the water last year! These say (in inventive spelling- I wouldn't tell her how to spell anything even though she asked me like 10 times! LOL! For journaling, I want her to just sound out words and try to write.): "Jump in to the pool, Swim in the pool, and Swim underwater."

Fionnuala - It's so hard being a baby. ;-)


Zoe insisted I put this picture on the blog. She wanted everyone to see it, lol! She was just playing with Ellie's magnets. 


2 comments:

  1. I like the magnets! Where did you get those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw them a few years ago on the LOTW website. They are called "Power Magnets" and I got mine on Amazon. Just search on Amazon for "power magnets."

      Delete