Monday, March 10, 2014

The Babysitters Club Birthday Party

Grace wanted a Babysitters Club themed birthday party for her 10th Birthday. Shockingly, a Google search and a Pinterest search left me with no ideas or known parties. So, when in need of creativity, trust a child! Grace and a couple of her friends came up with the idea to all be characters from the books and to dress like them. They also came up with some awesome ideas for party events. I will describe them below with pictures!

Here are the invitations I made:

I took a photo of MY #1 babysitters club book and edited it to have Grace's name on it and instead of book 1, it says #10 since she was turning 10!

The inside of the invite:

I wrote each girl's name in page 2 and what character they would be at the party with a little picture of that girl from the book.
For page 3, I listed the events of the party as a table of contents and each event was a chapter and also listed what Babysitters Club girl it related to. You fellow fans of the books will get the connection such as Stacey's (who is diabetic) angel food cake. 

The back of the invite:

Again, I used a picture of my original book, but I added a text box to it. As you know, the Babysitters were always helping out and Grace wanted this party to be no different! She decided instead of gifts, she'd like to collect donations for a local food pantry so we added that to the invite.

Chapter 1- Dawn's Vegetarian Pizza


Here is a cute photo of all the girls!
Mary Anne, Kristy, Dawn, Stacey, Mallory and Claudia


Not a real contest, but I have to give a shout out to the girl who dressed the most like her character! CLAUDIA!!



Chapter 2 - Kristy's Babysitting Job

For this one, when we got home from pizza out, the girls were ambushed by Zoe and Ellie who were excited to have the big girls there to play with them. It was actually another great idea the big girls came up with! Since they are the babysitters, they have to "babysit" right?!
They played dress up with my little two:

Chapter 3- Stacey's Angel Food Cake

My mom made an angel food cake for the party!

The birthday girl and and her cake:

Chapter 4- Mary Anne's Makeover

Again, you book fans will remember that Mary Anne cut her hair.... WE DID NOT!
However, the girls did do each others make up!

Stuff I got at the Dollar store for this and the next "chapter."

Chapter 5- Mallory's Curls

The girls tried to do the foam rollers to get curls like Mallory. I think they decided to give up and watch the movie instead though. I did get them to pose for a cute photo and a few of them have the curlers in!
I adore this picture because it sorta looks like the book cover of the 1st book!


Chapter 6- Claudia's Junk Food

We got the snacks out and of course popcorn!



Chapter 7- The Babysitter's Club Movie

It was so awesome that the week before the party the Babysitters Club movie was on DISH! We taped it and they watched it at the sleepover!



Chapter 8- The Sleepover

The girls had a blast!

Amazing girls!

As you saw on the back of the invite, Grace had asked instead of a gift for her, to bring something for the food pantry. I was blown away with the generosity of these girls! We had only 5 girls and only 4 could sleep over, but look at the generous amount of food they brought! What a blessing to those in need!





















2 comments:

  1. That's a really cool theme idea. I never read this series, looks fun. Great idea about the food pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about this was awesome! Great job momma and girls!

    ReplyDelete