Saturday, February 2, 2013

Stop and Smell the Roses

Weird huh, second title with roses... maybe a subconscious hint to my hubby for Valentine's Day, lol!

I picked that as my title as I need to! I have come to the conclusion that some people just like to be on the go. I think I might be one of them. Is there a support group for that? ;-)

I am always going here and there and thought I am busier now than I was before we homeschooled, but really I think I have always been this way. In college I was in a ton of clubs, the first few years of traditional school my kids were in lots of extra-curriculars and now that we are homeschooling our schedule is just more flexible to be busy. So we are.

I have a friend that bought some girl scout cookies from Grace (thank you!) and I am trying to coordinate getting them to her as we live about 30 minutes from each other. You would think it would be super simple, but when I looked at my upcoming week we have AT LEAST one thing every day.

Cian soccer practice
Grace soccer practice
Zoe soccer practice
Zoe soccer game
Cian soccer game
Grace soccer game
Mass on Sunday
Tumbling for Zoe, Cian and Grace
Art Class for Grace and Cian
Swim lessons for Grace, Cian and Zoe
Nature homeschool class
Orthodontist appointment Grace
Dance class Zoe
2 dance classes for Grace - at least they are back to back!

Phew! I am tired and the week hasn't even begun! Throw in a 1 1/2 year old and there you go.

So...
I decided a couple weeks ago that something had to give. I decided that I need 1 day a week that we don't go anywhere and another day a week that we are normally home. I leave that second day of the week for the monthly orthodontic appointments or field trips. In order to have one day of homeschooling that we don't leave the house during the "school day" I had to quit a local group I had joined. I always feel bad when you can't do everything, but that's just it. Nobody can do everything.

I also decided to drop out of a homeschool group. When I first moved and started homeschooling this summer I joined the 3 that are near me. They all have great events and super nice people, but you can't do everything. I have totally clicked with one group and have made some AMAZING new friends. It was a no-brainer for me. That's my group. I hate disappointing people and even more so, hate hurting anyone's feelings. But sometimes you just have to stop and smell the roses. (Even if I do have to pencil it in to my schedule, lol!)

5 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel, Melissa! It is hard sometimes to say no, and we often feel like we're "running" all the time. Good for you that you realized that you needed to cut back a little. I hope that it takes a little stress out of your weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are super busy! Do you all eat dinner together every night? We try to do that (and manage to 95% of the time). I could not do all of the things you do, my car would putter out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen!
      We try to eat dinner together every night we can. Soccer schedule for my husband is a big factor in that not happening during soccer seasons. Most of the kids stuff is in the daytime. I also thinks that is important and we do it as much as we can.
      I hear ya on the car!!! Knocking on wood my van didn't hear, lol!

      Delete
  3. You are one of my new "AMAZING" new friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks! You too!! I'm so lucky to have made such AWESOME (see the caps again, I like caps! lol)FRIENDS. So happy to have found you guys!!

      Delete