Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's Milking Time

Farm Trip for "F" Week

During Letter "F" week it worked out perfectly that we got the opportunity to attend a Farm Field Trip!

This was a field trip to a dairy farm to see how they milk cows and make cheese there too!!




Zoe standing where they milk the cows!
I was really excited for the kids to get to attend this field trip! I remember when I was a kid and would go stay with my aunt and uncle during some summers and we'd get to go to my uncle's parent's farm! I actually remember "helping" milk the cows and how cool it was to see the process of the getting the cows to come in, hooking up the milking machine, the milk tank etc.. etc..









I think the kids had a great time! 
Well, the oldest three enjoyed the tour,
 Ellie slept through the tour! 









After seeing where they milk the cows, the kids got to see the calves:





Zoe and a calf
The kids were really excited to sample the cheese they made there:



They knew they were going to get to try the cheese, but they didn't know they were going to get ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ellie woke up for the food!








1 comment: