Friday, October 12, 2012

14 o'clock

So I've decided, there are just not enough hours in the day! I'd like to add 2 hours a day. However, if I had two hours more I'm sure I'd fill them up with more things to do!

It's been forever since my last blog entry! I've got 3 field trips to post about and tons more I want to say! I think this weekend might be a blog marathon, lol!

Today, we went on a field trip to a dairy farm. It was a bit of a drive so I had the kiddos do some "car-schooling," but they got a day off from the work with mom subjects. It was a nice fit for a Friday! (Those pics to follow in another post.)

We've been doing quite a bit of driving lately! Hence, needing a couple extra hours! Oh well, can't get everything we wish for! I do think 14 o'clock has a nice ring to it though. Bummer!

Here are some of the things keeping us busy besides our daily subjects:

I have helped to start a homeschool gymnastics and trampoline PE class, the kids have gone twice now and LOVE it!!! I love that it is for all ages, so I don't have to sit around all evening somewhere waiting for one class with one kid, then another class for another, and so on!

Grace is taking two dance classes. Zoe is taking one. Of course they are different nights.

Grace is doing Girl Scouts this year.

Grace is in a free art class that meets once a week, but it also is in another town.

Grace and Cian have begun Spanish lessons with a bilingual mom who teaches homeschool kids when her kiddos are at school. It's also in another town, but luckily the same town and same day as the art!

Grace and Cian are also doing a nature science class monthly. It is put on monthly by a nature park/center about 25/30 minutes from us.

Soccer for Cian is on a pause. It is nice to have my Saturday mornings back for a few weeks! Grace and Cian both want to do indoor this winter though! Of course, Brian's soccer is still going, going, going. When we looked on the calendar, I think there are 3 total days in all of October that he doesn't have a game!

Field trips, field trips, field trips (PICS TO FOLLOW!)

It also seems we have had lots of odds and ends of appointments, and you guessed it, in another town. It's about a 45-60 minute drive from my front door to our old town where we lived. We have decided it is close enough to keep our pediatrician, dentist and pediatric dentist. We seem to have something every week.

Thank goodness we homeschool and can do all these things that we want to do and work them around our schedule or work our schooling around what we want to do! It has been such a blessing to have such freedom with our scheduling. Ironically though, we are definitely hardly ever HOME a full day now that I am HOME SCHOOLING. Go figure, but I wouldn't change it for the world! 





No comments:

Post a Comment