Friday, December 14, 2012

Things I like this week


 I like smiles. I like that I finally caught one of Ellie's on my camera and it's only semi-blurry.

I like mid-week field trips! This was such a fun field trip! We went bowling! They gave a tour of the back of the bowling alley and how the pins and ball return work. Physics lesson anyone ;-)

I did not like my bowling score. Talk about rusty! Yikes! I think I got a 54? LOL!



I like that I found the older kids' Leap Frog Farm and Car wash  magnets! Ellie LOVED them! 
I like that yesterday she played with them on her own for almost 30 MINUTES!! 
It doesn't really sound like a big deal, but since I normally end up teaching a good bit of the day holding a cute little 20 lb. arm weight named Ellie, it was a nice chance to get some more one-on-one in with the other kids.





It's blurry because she was dancing!
She moved all the pieces out to the floor to dance with her. I think?!?
She pushed the music button and danced away!

 I like that we have moved in the country. Our new house is kind of an oxymoron, we live in a small subdivision in the country. I like that we see deer all the time now. This picture was from my car window so it looks like a dog, but it was actually 5 deer crossing the road into the woods.


I like that the kids are doing so great with homeschooling.
I like this new app we use called Stack the States. They learn about the states and geography.
We have been learning about a state each week and even Zoe is interested in them. This week we learned about Indiana. I picked it because they have a town called Santa Claus, which the kids thought was pretty cool.
I don't like that Cian and Grace can beat me on the Map It! part. Perhaps even worse is Zoe is about to pass my score too! Ugg! I know back in the day I aced the fill in the state names, but apparently I am incapable of doing it without their border outlines. Yikes! Give it a try for a great laugh. Until your kids beat you, not so funny then. :-)

I like that the only thing I had break in our move was the original Leap Frog Letter Phonics! (So far that is... I still have more boxes!) I replaced it yesterday and Ellie is enjoying it too. She likes to "sing" along with it as it sings the alphabet song.
This one cracks me up! She's in motion dancing so it's blurry but it was so funny I had to add it. 
Flash back to the 80's boom box anyone??


Ellie has recruited Zoe to her dance party. They merged the alphabet song and Ring Around the Rosey. After the ABC song ends they "all fall down."

I like that Ellie likes books!
She FINALLY will sit still and hear a book now.
She also has started to "read to herself" which is SOO adorable. (meaning she will turn the pages and babble about them)

I like Dora the Explorer. For the moment anyway. She gets a bit annoying. Ellie is such a fan of her though. She loves her books and gets to watch her show when she wakes at the crack of dawn so Brian or I can drift back to sleep on the couch while she watches Dora in her playpen.



 I like this photo.
I like that she looks so small next to the basketball.
My baby is growing too fast :-(

I like this photo my aunt took of my grandparents.
It is bittersweet in that my grandma has started hospice care.
However, this photo is so beautiful.
They have been married for over 60 years and that is also beautiful.


I like that we are getting closer and closer to Christmas. 
I also like that today is our last school day before Christmas break!
Yippee!
(Ellie was sleeping when we took this, that's why she's not in it.)
This was the eve of the Feast of St. Nicholas when the kids hung their stockings.

Speaking of Ellie sleeping, I also like that she still takes a nap! (so I can post all these pictures to my blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment